Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Farm Fresh Wedding




For once I'm actually relatively on top of updating this thing! :) Life has been crazy but I can't complain too much. Crazy means I get to do the job I love and I get to do a lot of it.

Mary's November 14th wedding took place at the Farm at South Mountain. If you have a rustic, country or just outdoorsy wedding, this is an awesome venue! And what a great fall day! We actually had some nice temperatures, the trees out there were changing color a bit--gorgeous!

Mary's theme revolved around rustic elements like succulents and vegetation. Each guest took home a custom designed seed packet with planting directions.

I was thrilled to bring this unique, fun vision to life.

I unfortunately didn't shoot any pictures of the gorgeous bouquet! I really hope Mary contacts me when her pro pics come in! It was rustic and lovely with fall flowers and succulents. Take my word for it--it was great! :)

I did however try to shoot all the details. We used Mason jars for centerpieces and ceremony accents, we used fresh vegetables and herbs in the centerpieces, and of course each table had its own succulent!

To keep the farm fresh them alive I used parsley as a greenery in her ceremony chairs.



My brave husband stood on a folding chair to hang the awesome Mason jar arch on the Farm's blooming pergola.



Each table tied to Mary's seed packets and each had a different theme. Some of my favorites were mini pumpkins, kale, artichokes and asparagus!

Here's the mini pumpkin table:



The artichoke table:


The asparagus table:



Finally I created a cake topper featuring large succulents and all the rustic flowers we used in the big day. There were dahlias, ranunculus, and one of my favorites--chocolate cosmos. They smell like chocolate--what could be better?



A beautiful farm fresh event!





2 comments:

Great flower lady said...

I totally LOVE IT~ I am into the hanging Mason jars too.. great designs

Butterfly Petals said...

Thanks Tracy! I even thought of adding some in my backyard. I could put succulents in them. :)