Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Desert Wedding in August

In August I had the pleasure of working with a lovely couple using a clean, simple and stunning green, white and chocolate scheme. 

The bride wanted something rustic tied into her bouquet to show off some of our Native touches. I gladly rose to the challenge and mixed succulents with white dahlias (a summer favorite of mine), white calla lilies, green cymbidium orchids, seeded eucalyptus greenery and some twisty vines to finish it off.
Bride's Bouquet

I also added a mini succulent to the groom's simple calla lily boutonniere.

Groom's Boutonniere

The bridesmaids carried simpler versions of the brides bouquet. I still included succulents and twigs.
Bridesmaid Bouquet

The ceremony and reception took place at Highlands Church. I had never been there and was blown away by the modern interior and gorgeous Sanctuary.

I loved the heart-shaped candleabras which flanked the bride and groom on either side.

Candelabras at Highlands Church


Finally, the centerpieces were very simple. Rustic river rocks in cube vases topped by a floating Fuji mum. Simple, modern and very affordable.

Simple, Floating Mum Centerpieces


1 comment:

Drew Watts said...

Pretty helpful information on this wedding and hope you enjoyed there a lot. Couple of months ago, I booked one of the graceful Los Angeles wedding venues for arranging my sister’s wedding. Decorated venue with flowers and had great time.