Sunday, November 16, 2008

Plum Perfect


Wedding Date: October 18, 2008
Venue: Red Mountain Ranch
Theme: Plum and Green, Natural and Rustic.

I love purple and green together. I myself used lavender and sage in my wedding five years ago. Purple has always been my favorite. I love working with and I love the modern combination of deep plum and chartreuse green!

The bride wanted a natural, rustic feel to her bouquets. She loved the idea of using succulents (and to those familiar with my work, so do I! :) ) and even made some of her own candle holders using mason jars and green split peas.

I used sage green hydrangea as a base and added touches of bright green with cymbidium orchids. As an accent she also used deep wine. I used dahlias for this. For her plum we used deep purple calla lilies.

Each bouquet was accented by a variety of lavender and sage succulents.

Close-Up of the Bride's Bouquet

Each bouquet was accented by a variety of lavender and sage succulents. The bridesmaids carried small, modern bouquets of purple calla lilies, green dendrobium orchids, a succulent and cymbidium orchids. Each bouquet also had a small touch of birch for texture.

The Bridesmaid Bouquets

The overall effect was a mix of modern and traditional. A great mix between the greens and plums.

The Bouquets

To match the rustic desert theme we used birch branches in tall, footed vases and attached hanging votives.
The Birch Centerpieces


The overall effect was light, natural, and stunning when used on 20 tables.

No comments: