Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Welcome to My Blog!

 FINALLY have a blog! It's time to get with the program and start posting. I hope to use this blog to show off my recent work, share some tips and tricks for your wedding flowers, my favorite trends and ideas, and just generally blog, blog, blog!

For those of you new to my blog, (and who isn't since this is my first post?) My name is Amanda Johnson. I own and operate Butterfly Petals.

I specialize in wedding and special events. I work with fresh flowers, creating everything from bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages, centerpieces, arch work, you name it, I've stuck flowers on it!

I work out of my home in Gilbert Arizona. I have a nifty shop which used to be our third car garage.

My work is eclectic and very rustic and natural. "Well duh, all flowers are natural Amanda!" What I mean is that I love to work with other non-floral elements. Twigs, rocks, moss, succulent cactus. I've even put artichokes in a bouquet or two. When left to my own devices my work is fanciful, a bit woodland, very green and rich with elements found in a forest. 

Succulents Nestled in a Bouquet

Of course I do traditional work as well. I love all wedding work so I really don't mind traditional.

However, I absolutely love it when I find a bride willing to go out on a limb and try something just a bit creative. I guess I just customize my work to suit your needs. If you're traditional, wonderful, funky, great! 

The Flower Cake


You can find my work on my site: www.butterflypetals.com

For now, enjoy. I hope to blog with you more soon!

Amanda






No comments: