Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Heart Day!


I hope you had a wonderful, romantic, cozy Valentine's Day!

I haven't done Valentine's flowers since my shop days, this year however I was running around working on flowers all weekend. It was a lot of fun to get back into the "day of love" mode again!

I was asked by one of my closest friends to make a "traditional" arrangement. Well....

It is red! :) I used Black Magic roses, red anemones, red hypericum berries and their natural greenery. I also painted green grass black to pick up the black rocks and the black centers of the anemone.

These were the same flowers I used in his wife's wedding bouquet two years ago. I bet he got points for sentimentality and romance. ;)

Romantic Red





The other bouquet was a challenge. An acquaintance of one my clients called and asked if he could drop off flowers and have me arrange them into two bouquets. Sure, no problem. 

Well there were 150 roses in five awesome hot shades ranging from lime green to orange and hot pink. I also received some long callas and filler.




After several attempts to make a "traditional" arrangement, I decided to scrap it and go for broke. 

Blooming with Love




I used Manzantia branches and sunk them in traditional vases filled with tiny river rocks. This weighted the branches. Good thing too, each had 75 roses and with the foam support it was very heavy. 

I hope all the wives loved their bouquets and I hope all of you remember that loving someone takes 364 other days out of the year too! :)