Monday, April 6, 2009

Vendor Shout Out: Sugarlips Cakery

In the wedding industry, cakes and flowers go hand-in-hand. I've distributed flowers to bakers all over the valley, I've put flowers on cakes a million times. I've seen amazing cakes, ok cakes and kind-of-scary cakes. I rarely however get to taste the cake. So no matter how beautiful it is on the outside, it may taste just like generic, every-day wedding cake.

I can now say, with experience, that is not the case with Sugarlips Cakery. A lot of my brides have been buzzing about them. I've worked with them a couple of times. So I decided they were the bakery to call for my daughter Rhiannon's third birthday.

I thought I would make her cake myself. I have for the last two years. Simple, Duncan Heinz with packaged frosting. They looked every inch the home made treats they were. And for some reason I had lots left over!

This year I hired Sugarlips to take on the Tinkerbell-themed cake and cupcakes.

Here's what we received:



It was strawberry with vanilla filling. It was very yummy and I didn't have a single slice left over!

The piping and decoration was impeccable and the keepsake Tinkerbell topper was super cute. I loved that the cupcakes coordinated with the whole thing.



As for the birthday girl? Well, see for yourself!




Rhiannon had a wonderful birthday and I have to thank Sugarlips for their part in her big-day!

4 comments:

MissFoxxy said...

Ummmm YUMMY!!!! How freaken cute is she!

Adizat said...

Your daughter looks adorable. The cup looks good. Hey email me a cupcake next time. hehe

Butterfly Petals said...

:)

It was a very tasty cake!

Katie said...

I love Sugarlips! Their cakes are soooo good!