Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I worked in a shop for a long time. Each flower holiday was stressful  and tiring and full of long hours. I vowed that when going it alone I would work only on weddings.

Well I've been a little more flexible lately. I've done baby shower arrangements, anniversary parties, Valentine's Day and now Mother's Day.

Holiday work is a lot more fun when you do it for people you know. :)

Yellow is a huge color this year and when I shopped for flowers it was everywhere.

I chose white iris, white calla lilies and yellow daffodils for a fun spring arrangement. The blue agapanthus is an awesome contrast for the bright yellow.



Sunflowers also make me happy. I paired them with yellow button mums and the blue agapanthus. The galvanized container makes it a less formal arrangement.



Finally my favorite an Asian-Ikebana like arrangement in lime green and black. The flowers were a little funkier. I used Fuji mums, green Kermit mums, green dendrobium orchids and some tropical greenery.



My favorite element was the Kangaroo's paw. It's a funky little touch and its natural black and lime green set the tone for the whole arrangement.


I forgot to take pictures of my own Mother's arrangement. Oops! :)

No comments: