Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Old Hollywood Dahling


I was in L.A. all week preparing for a big Star-studded event in June. So what better way to kick off my working vacation than a Hollywood-themed wedding?

Shelly had awesome vision for her vintage Hollywood event. I hear her centerpieces featured ostrich feathers and boas. Very luxurious, very Marlena Dietrich or Mae West.

When I arrived at her church to drop off an altar piece, movie themes were playing, everything from "Singing in the Rain" to the Star Wars theme.

The starlet theme carried into her bouquets as well. I used ostrich trim rather than the giant feathers. It softened the edges and gave the bouquets a glam look.



Her red and black bouquet was the star but the soft ivory bridesmaid bouquets were also very Hollywood.


It was a fun event and I hope the guest enjoyed it as much as I did!

3 comments:

Great flower lady said...

LOVE IT!! how fun~

Janet said...

I love the ostrich feather trim! How luxurious!

Shell said...

They were awesome! Thank you so much!