Thursday, May 28, 2009

Summer Loving: Inspirador Open House

Vintage Pop Bottles Make Awesome Bud Vases! 


Tonight was our Summer Lovin' open house with Inspirador. I had so much fun and met a lot of great people. We even distributed bouquets to a wedding rehearsal happening as we were working the open house! Good times. :)

Our task was a simple one but I can't do anything in a simple, small way. Something about the way my brain in wired.... Anyway, the folks at Inspirador wanted us to do a "farmer's market" set-up where we helped guests assemble small fresh-picked bouquets. 

So.....



We used our normal booth set-up for our bridal shows and turned it into a flower stand. It was quite a project but I think it turned out well. I had a space for wrapping the small bouquets in butcher paper and twine and there was a small space to display my favorite bouquet ever (we'll see in a minute) and a few arrangements.



A Cigar Box is the Perfect Container for Orange Sunflowers and a Succulent


An Old Pitcher Filled with Orange Ranunculus and Blue Anemone

We're well into 2009 and this year's hot colors have been "Lapis" a dark purple ala David's Bridal and, of all things, the oft-overlooked yellow. So when I went to the wholesaler I made a beeline for all the purple and yellow. A lot of it went into the flowers we used for the flower stand but this bouquet has got to be one of my favorite pieces ever!


The yellow Billy Balls are a great contrast to that deep, dark purple. The white and purple callas are called Picasso and the rest of the bouquet featured sweet pea, anemone and scabiosa. Pictures cannot do this bouquet justice!

And there wasn't even a succulent in it! :)

We had a lot of positive feedback and I can't wait to work with them again!

1 comment:

Great flower lady said...

ok tell me how you hung the lanterns?? I need to know~