Monday, March 9, 2009

Mossy Magic!



I knew I loved Holly and Rick when they compared my work to Brian Froud, a fantasy artist who worked on the Dark Crystal. One of my all time favorite "growing up in the 80s" movies! 

I took it as a compliment check out: www.worldoffroud.com

The couple loved my natural, woodsy style from my booth at the June bridal expo. I couldn't wait to bring their funky, unique vision to life!

Everything about the wedding was unique and suited the couple perfectly. From the location, Boojum Tree Hidden Gardens (I am in love with this venue), to the black and white converse tennis shoes the guys, including the dads wore with their classic tuxes. It was so much fun and we couldn't ask for better weather!

The color scheme was Red and Black. I've done this combination a million times, it's striking, it's sensual, it's almost gothy--but I've never taken liberties and combined it with mossy, woodsy textures for an actual bride. I've only done really funky stuff for the shows...until now. :)

The bride's bouquet contained "black" mini calla lilies, moss, trailing amaranthus, fiddlehead fern shoots, and other natural textures.

The Bride's Bouquet




The bridesmaid bouquets contained red calla lilies and fewer natural touches.

The Bridesmaid Bouquets



The groom specifically asked for seed pods or other natural touches in his boutonniere, I gladly complied! :)

The Groom's Boutonniere



The groomsmen had simpler, but still striking boutonnieres made with red calla lilies. The couple's son Ethan was the cutest ring bearer ever!

The Most Handsome, Mohawked Ring Bearer Ever!



Congrats Rick and Holly! It was such a pleasure, I can't wait to see your professional pics! :)

No comments: