Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Three-Wedding Saturday!


This was a busy weekend for me! I had four weddings total, three on Saturday. Yes, I am a crazy woman! But each was so unique, I couldn't resist. And for those wondering, three weddings is unusual even for me.

My first wedding was at Foothills Golf Club in Awahtukee. The simple pink and chocolate color scheme came to life with some fun textural flowers including light pink dahlias, bouvardia, pink spider mums, roses and mini pink cymbidium orchids. The fiddlehead fern added a nice chocolate, whimsical touch.
The Bride's Bouquets


The Bridesmaid Bouquets




My next wedding took me to two locations. St. Andrew's in Chandler and the Castle at Ashley Manor. Lourdes had a chocolate and red color scheme and wanted to bring it to life with earthier touches like succulents and manzanita branches.

We used two of her 16 centerpieces at the church as altar pieces. A great way to do double duty!

Altar Pieces




I forgot to take pictures of her bouquets but we were able to shoot the lovely bride as she posed for her family! Hopefully, I can have some professional pictures. The bouquets used tiger liiles, dahlias and spider mums. They were accented by chocolately red hypericum berries, fiddlhead fern and succulents.

The Beautiful Bride



The Castle at Ashley Manor actually has an in-house florist. I believe they now require all brides to use their vendors, but I am lucky enough to have a few weddings on the books for the Castle in '09. I think Lourdes's centerpieces were fun and gave a unique spin to the Tuscany castle feel.

We used gerbera daisies provided by The Castle's in-house florist and accented manzanita brances with trailing crystals and hanging amaranthus in three colors: red, green and bleached white. 

Tree Centerpieces



The other tables brought the bling inside the vase with oversized clear decorative crystals. They were topped with ivory hydrangea and gerbera daisies.

Gerbera-Topped Centerpieces



My third wedding was another fun one! Lindsay wanted to capture the wine color in her bridesmaid dresses. I suggested actually using grapes in the centerpiecs to capture a wine feel. She told me they were honeymooning in Napa and that sealed the deal! 

We put grapes in all the bouquets too!

Grape-Accented Bouquets



Lindsay also brought two pieces of antique pillow edging and a brooch of her grandmother's. I used both to accent her bouquet. The flowers used were hydrangea, "black" calla lilies, purple anemone and red mini cymbidium orchids.

The Bride's Bouquet with Antique Accents


More Shots of the Bride's Bouquet



The wedding took place at McCormick Ranch, another of my favorite venues.

Centerpieces Awaiting Placement


Close-up of Centerpiece


2 comments:

Great flower lady said...

very fun and pretty LOVE the grapes~~

MissFoxxy said...

You are THE AWESOME!

Seriously! Unbelievable work!